Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Beadsmith 'Spider Wire' Ultracast Invisi-Braid - Translucent - A REVIEW


I got myself a 6lb, 50 yard spool of this beading thread to give it a go and all I can say is WOW, this beading thread is everything it claims. It is a new product from Beadsmith. Its trade name is Ultracast Invisi-Braided Bead Thread. With patented translucency technology this makes this beading thread the nearest thing to clear and invisible, yes really it does! It's stronger, smoother, and much more durable than other braided line available, while still amazingly thin! This thread features Dyneema® GSP fibers that have patented translucency for near invisibility. Thus it has extremely high strength per diameter will still amazingly thin and sensitive I have found it exceptional when useing sharp edged beads, such as crystal. This beading thread feels more like Nymo or Silamide, it is thread like, if you know what I mean.


Two things bothered me about this product, but they are not major. It threads onto your needle more like Nymo than Fireline, that is tiny threads separate at the cut end. That is the other niggle, the beading thread is difficult to cut, you need super sharp scissors or blade to cut it. Everytime I cut the thread I was left with a ragged edge, unlike Fireline.


It comes in two sizes, just like Fireline Size .005" (.10mm) - 6lb - 50yd spool and a Size .006" (.18mm) - 8lb - 50yd spool.


However the upshot of my thoughts on this product is that I will continue to use this thread for most of my beading projects. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for the great details, i have bookmarked your blog for the future upcoming post.

    We are leading manufacturers & suppliers of Braiding Wire, MIG Wire, Nail Wire, Weaving wire

    ReplyDelete