Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh where is my beading mojo hiding..

Mid February saw us, that is me and my family which consists of two little boys, two Cavoodle dogs and one husband, 4 and a half sea containers full of possessions, not to mention 32 boxes of beads and beading/craft room things, 3 cars and 1 motorbike uplift and head north to sunny Brisbane. The move was due to my husbands employment with a large mining company, they had estabslished a head office of sorts in Brisbane and my husband the now General Manager had to go, so go we did. We spent 5.5 beautiful years in Melbourne, prior to that it was Perth, but my heart will always be in Melbourne. I am a cold weather bunny and love a winter wardrobe and cool days.. there was nothing I did not like about Melbourne .. oh maybe except the traffic congestion!! Brisbane has a winter but not as freezing as a Melbourne winter I have noted. Brisbane summers are hot and steamy, steamy and sweaty is not a feeling I like so much. Still, we have to look at things with a positive note and I am surrendering to this relocation albeit slowly. My beading mojo has seriously been affected by the relocation and I am not entirely sure why. We have been here three months and except for a couple of pairs of earrings and a couple of kits I have not completed anything. I commenced work on my Bead Dreams entry but did not complete it and I have been fiddling with it ever since. I bead parts of it .. hate it and then undo it all .. tis maddening... In this house I have a dedicated beading room, known fondly now as the little beading lounge. I have two huge built in cupboards to store all of my equipment in, shelving for beads and no carpets to loose beads in, yet still the mojo justs drifts in and drifts out. Please come back Melly's mojo ... I am missing you...

1 comment:

  1. useful information on Social Butterfly Jewellery Design

    thanks for sharing information

    Jewellery courses in mumbai,India

    ReplyDelete