Saturday, October 8, 2011

Name Change?

Since moving to Brisbane from Melbourne this year I have struggled with being consistantly able to design and produce jewellery so much so that I in fact stopped supplying the Incube8r Gallery in Mosman, Sydney with my beadwork.  I had already stopped supplying the boutiques and shops that stocked my work in Melbourne once I left for Brisbane.  I still continue to write beading tutorials and articles for Australian Beading magazine.  With respect to my actual beading time I would say that I am experimenting with the various off loom beading stitches that I love.  I am pushing the limits of my beading abilities as far as possible as I want to ultimately expand my skill base and create more beautiful beadwork.

But this brings about another dilemma ... to change name or not?  For the last 4 years I have been building my Social Butterfly Jewellery name but alas I really feel the name no longer reflects what I do.  What I do is beadweaving and what I create is beadwork.  The new name that appeals to me is HONEYBEE's BEADWORK.  The name change requires much work and cost and so requires careful consideration. Such a dilemma.

Finished jewellery, beading kits, jewellery tutorials are available in my Etsy store.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel, I am wondering why you couldn't change the name you already have - which has 4 years of becoming known - to reflect what you do now. Maybe Social Butterfly Beadwork. Less costly, more likely to be accepted by those who know you.

    ReplyDelete